Hundreds of Miles, Couple of Cats & One Marine

~

Monday, May 24, 2010

Ok, before you even start, I know I haven't posted in a week. I'm sorry!! My internet was down. Don't get me started on Time Warner Cable in WI. It sucks. A lot.

Oh.... and I GOT ENGAGED. Yup, the boy proposed. I wasn't expecting it at all, but he asked me Thursday night. We have kinda been in a whirlwind of telling everyone. He didn't even have the ring yet, but he said he couldn't wait any longer to ask me. My mom is giving us my Grandmother's ring which means a lot to me. We are having the families meet for the first time (which is really odd that my mom hasn't met them yet when I think about it but they do live in different states) on Sunday for a picnic.

For my weigh in on Wednesday I lost 3.8lbs which brings me in at 178.6. I was very happy about this! BUT let me tell you with all the celebrating I did this weekend, I probably will see a gain this Wednesday. I really need my WW online to stay on track with points!! I tried to do it on paper but I just don't do as well with it.

So this last week, I also started my new job. Yup working in an office again! But let me tell you, we are so busy! I really like the school I am working for and I am so busy that I don't get that bored hungry which is good!

I will kinda go over some of the food we had this week.
Here is a pic of the slow cooker lasgana I made last week with some light garlic bread and a side salad. Yum!

I like to make calzones. They are easy, can be low point, and taste awesome. I make my own whole wheat dough.
Don't be afraid of yeast doughs. They can be tough but pizza dough is a good place to start.
Makes 2lbs
1 packet of active dry yeast
1 and 1/2 cup room temp water
1 tsp sugar
1tbsp olive oil
3 cups all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt

Mix sugar and water. Sprinkle the yeast over the water. Do not mix the yeast into the water yet. Let it sit for 5 to 10 mins.

In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt. Add the olive oil to the water mixture and mix. Slowly add to flour mixing with a wooden spoon. Combine and knead dough in bowl until elastic for about 10 mins. Let it rise covered loosely with plastic wrap in a warm area (I just do mine on the stove) for about an hour and half.

Then I divide the dough in half and put into gallon plastic bags. I freeze a lb to have on hand and I used the other lb to make the calzones below for 1/4 of a lb of dough it is roughly 4pts.

I rolled it out and put in spinach, RF ricotta and mozzarella cheese, some garlic powder and Italian seasonings and some turkey pepperoni I had on hand.

Crimp the edges of the dough so they are shut and poke a hole in the top. Bake in an oven at 400 for 20 mins.

I dipped mine in pasta sauce and had veggies as a side.

For lunch everyday, I pretty much had a turkey, wheat thin, RF cheese, and mustard. Some cut up mixed berries, a RF string cheese, 100 cal almonds, and an apple.

Bad food choice wise I had a ton of sushi with the boy to celebrate on Friday night with 3 drinks and a piece of flourless chocolate cake. It was amazing.
Saturday, I went to my future sister in laws baby shower which meant more good food, meatballs and cake.
Sunday, we went to church and stayed for some pastries (come on we had to tell people we were engaged.... right?... right?) Ok it kinda spun out of control at this point. When we stopped at the mall so I could get new work pants (cuz I am done a size! Which is a miracle as I list all this food LOL) and we got gelato.
Then I was tired after laundry, so we got gyros with some onion rings and a raspberry shake.
Um yeah my stomach was done this morning. lol.

Today I had:
Breakfast:
oatmeal prepared with water a
a mango
Coffee

Lunch:
Apple
Yogurt
Ham, cheese, wheat thin sandwich
String cheese

Snack:
almonds

Dinner
2 eggs with RF mozzarella cheese
berry smoothie made with yogurt
2 low fat wheat waffles with 1 tsbp maple syrup

I did a 2 mile run and walked 2 miles today for 522 cals or 5APs

I promise to be more on task this week for pics and updates!

Oh I might include wedding stuff in here now too!

Oh the furbabies! Can't forget the cats!
They are currently eating a new kind of food that was on sale at the Whole Foods. They seem to like it just fine but I think Lily liked the oatmeal I made for her one day when I ran out of the dry food.

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment