Hundreds of Miles, Couple of Cats & One Marine

~

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Update!

This was my first weekend without working in about 9 months. Boy, is it nice to have a weekend!!

This is going to be a combined update:

Saturday:
Breakfast
Coffee
Water
Banana-Peanut Butter French Toast
I took 1 slices of wheat bread spread 2 tsp of peanut butter on one side, topped with a sliced banana, and covered with another slice of wheat bread. Beat one egg in a bowl with a dash of cinnamon, vanilla extract, and skim milk. Dip sandwich into egg and cook on stove in nonstick pan until golden brown. Covered with one tbsp of pure maple syrup. Give me the real stuff! I don't deal with fake SF maple syrup!!
Then I had a great 5 mile run completed in 45 mins. Burned 667 calories = 6.5 APs. The weather by the lake was beautiful, and I even stumbled into other runners doing a 5K!! It was funny b/c I was going teh opposite direction. Opps! :-)

Lunch:
Turkey Burger on Wheat thin
Spinach salad with 1 tbsp light dressing and peppers
Banana Ice Cream:
Freeze 1 broken down banana peeled then blend with a dash of milk to make a frosty treat.


The boy was doing a weapons display at an event for the Marine Corps at the Harley Davison museum so I stopped by and saw him for awhile! Need to get better with taking pictures at this point in the weekend! I promise to post a pic of me and the boy soon!

After the boy got home, we went grocery shopping, and we were very hungry since it was about 7pm when we got home.

Dinner: (used some WP on this!)
1 Turkey cheddar dog on a whole wheat bun
1 serving whole wheat mac and cheese
1 cup green greens
1 cup baked beans
2 cups Chocolate pudding fluff

I forgot to take pics, and the boy very valiantly offered to have thirds so I could take a pic but I said it was okay! :-) Throughout dinner Lily really wanted scraps, and she literally tried to take a bite out of the boys turkey sausage. We started to watch where she was after that!

~Saturday 38.5 points used - 6.5 Aps earned~

Sunday:
Went to early morning church then stopped by at the boy's parent's house. Took their huge 110lb golden pooch for a walk. I tried running with him once, but he will only go once around the block before he is exhausted!

Stopped by a local bakery that is really well known to get a treat for breakfast.
Got 2 cinnamon rolls and 2 pieces of tiramisu for dessert tonight.
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
1 cinnamon roll
1 cup fresh pineapple
Coffee

OK at this point, I need to address my severe addiction to caffeine. I don't have that "oh haha I'm a little groggy in the morning until I get my cup of joe" coffee need. I become a different and extremely moody person without coffee. Due to church, I didn't have any coffee for about 4 hours after waking. Usually, I drink coffee immediately and have about 6-7 big cups through out the day. I know its bad! but that is why they call it addiction.
So I am going to need to start cutting back. But really not this next week with the new job. New life goal: Cut back on caffeine need. It got this bad in college, and I had to reduce back then as well. Le Sigh!

Lunch:
1 Turkey Cheddar dog with whole wheat bun
1 cup red grapes
1 cup strawberries

The boy had to go color guard a funeral for an retired marine this evening (which he does a large amount of). I painted my toes and planned out my outfit for tomorrow. (Green colored light sweater with black pants and comfy black shoes b/c I think there will be a lot of walking tomorrow)

If WW has taught me anything, it is you will always feel more in control if you plan ahead!

For dinner tonight, I am making a WW slow cooker lasagna with a side salad and light garlic bread. Then we have that Tiramisu for dessert. Here is a pic of the lasagna in the slow cooker. It actually turns out really well in there! You top it with cheese when its done.
I am taking today off for running, but I think the boy and I will either do yoga tonight or take a walk when he gets home.

~45 Points used (Not sure if I am earning any APs)~

I still have 6.5 Aps left for the week plus those I will earn on Monday and Tuesday so I should be good to go!!

Lily loves all her cat toys while she sleeps in her bed! She is also the guard of the WW scale :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment