Hundreds of Miles, Couple of Cats & One Marine

~

Monday, June 7, 2010

moooovin'

Not me but the SIL. She is all moved into her new house and ready to pop out her first kid in about 2 weeks. :-) Exciting!

Foodwise. Didn't do well.
Had nachos, pizza, and cake on Saturday. Pizza was the moving lunch and nachos at the bday party. I was tired. Not going to lie. Did get in a light run and a bike ride though! Checked out the farmers market and it was fun but I didn't buy anything. Going to wait until payday before buying anything.

Sunday had mandatory family fun day at the base with DF and his nephew. Had some fresh fruit and veggies.... and a brat... and some popcorn... and some potato salad. I was utterly exhausted at this point and went home and cleaned up the kitchen.

Then the boy and I had corn on the cob (from my mom!) and turkey burgers... Good dinner right?! That was followed up by a gallon of low fat ice cream between the 2 of us. We were so tired we were in bed by 8:30pm.

My BF is super excited for the wedding and to be my maid of honor. It was worth the nachos and cake to see her!

Today:
Had training today with lunch provided. I tried to order fruit instead of fries with my chicken breast, and they said no special orders so I was given the fries. I was so embarrassed that I just ate the fries b/c I was hungry and didn't want to make a fuss.

Then I ran 3 miles today for 4 APs. I was tired and just made some apple pancakes for dinner.

Apple Pancakes
1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda and salt each
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1tbsp vegetable oil

Mix together and pour onto hot griddle sprayed with Pam. Makes about 10 pancakes.

I ate them all. They were healthy until I scarfed them all down.

Tomorrow is taco bar Tuesday at work. (I am at a conference with provided lunch.) I actually have a plan with just having some rice beans shredded chicken topped with lots of lettuce, tomato, and salsa!

The boy works late today so I won't see him today. I cuddled on the couch with Lily the cat instead and watched a Mid Summer's Night McGivern on Milwaukee Public TV. He is a local actor who I have worked with before who is seriously so funny! He was the trolley driver in The Princess Dairies for a main stream reference.


No comments:

Post a Comment