Hundreds of Miles, Couple of Cats & One Marine

~

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Post- Face Smashing

Yup its been awhile and this time I have a really, really good excuse.

I passed out and landed on my face bruising the entire right side of my face and 6 stitches around my eye.

Yeah it hasn't been the best couple of weeks ever for this gal.

So here is what happened. My FSIL had her baby, and I was visiting her and the baby (9lbs 1oz!!) in the hospital. I had only been there for about 2 hours total. I was feeling ok then I went to sit on the edge of a chair. Apparently at this point I got up walked out of the room and passed out in front of the nurses station and landed on my face. Thus I was rushed to the ER b/c I had cut up my face pretty badly. I spent 3 hours in the ER and had to get parts of my face glued together and 6 stitches. They are still unsure why I passes out but it was probably low blood sugar. Very uncool.

Flash forward 3 weeks: my stitches are out, no more bruises and the doc did a great job b/c I dont really have major scars.

So back to life a usually. A welcomed change of pace.

Summer is in full swing in Milwaukee. Summerfest is here which is a hugh music festival. Think 11 days of pure awesomeness. The boy and I went on Sunday, and saw The Gufs and BB King. Had some cheese curds but also walked like 5 miles so it balanced out ;-)

For today:
Breakfast:
Banana and mixed berry smoothie with skim milk
Bagel thin with WW cream cheese and egg

Snack
Fresh cherries

Lunch
1 cheese stick
3 point turkey sandwich
grapes
fiber 1 bar

Snack:
almonds

Dinner:
1 cup whole wheat pasta with sauce and ground tukery
Salad with red peppers

Dessert:
Oreo cookie

Workout:
4 mile run this morning at 6am!!!!!
5AP!

Total PTs = 29.5 Over 4.5, 5 aps used.
Current weight 179.4

No comments:

Post a Comment